Cycling & Walking
100 Greatest Cycling Climbs of the Tour de France
Product ref: 9780711234826
100 Greatest Cycling Climbs of the Tour de France: A Cyclist's Guide to Riding the Mountains of the Tour Paperback
From the Col du Tourmalet to Alpe d’Huez, from Mont Ventoux to Luz Ardiden, these climbs are the beating heart of the Tour de France.
Technology may advance, training and diet may evolve, but these mountains are constant. They have witnessed triumph and despair, courage and heartache, they are where champions are made and where dreams are shattered. And yes, the greatest arenas of the world’s greatest race are open 365 days a year for every one of us to ride.
So take up the challenge, emulate your heroes and make your mark on the 100 greatest cycling climbs of the Tour de France.
For each of the 100 climbs this guide includes:
- A detailed description of theclimb with an accompanying photograph
- A map detailing the start and end of the climb with directions to help you find it.
- A factfile with altitude, height gain, average gradient, it’s tour debut and category
- A difficulty rating
Simon Warren is the author of 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs, Hellingen:A Road Cyclist's Guide to Belgium's Greatest Cycling Climbs and Another 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Frances Lincoln (22 May 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0711234825
- ISBN-13: 978-0711234826
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 1.9 x 16.5 cm